Do you want to use office 2019 and use new inking tools, data types, functions, translation and editing tools, motion graphics, ease-of-use features? If yes, then the next question arises that how can you use these? So, here we have the answer to all questions and complete the procedure and the step by step instruction from installation to activation. So, let’s explore Microsoft 365 and know more about it in detail.
What is Microsoft 365?
First of all, you need to understand that Microsoft 365 is a subscription service that offers the complete package of Office 2019 desktop apps that contain Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and the Office Online web apps. So, let’s learn the complete process for the service and install the apps on your computer. Instructions in this article apply to Microsoft 365 Home on Windows 10 devices.
Instruction For The Purchase A Microsoft 365 For Home Subscription
- By the time you purchase a subscription to Microsoft 365, you need to choosing the version of Office you want and providing your payment information.
Open A New Tab In Your Browser And Go To Office.com.
- Log in to your Microsoft account.
- When you logged in, the Office portal opens, there you’ll able to access the Office Online apps and manage your Office subscription.
- Select the option “Buy Office”.
Choose the option Buy now for the Office subscription. You can select an annual or monthly subscription according to your requirement. For the monthly subscription, you can pay $9.99 a month.
- Check all the information in the Cart and select Checkout.
- Select a payment type in the given options. For example, you can select either a credit card or debit card, PayPal, or bank account.
- Fill in all the given payment details.
- Save the selected option
- Select Place order.
- After the payment is done, your order processes, and you’ll receive an email receipt for the transaction.
How To Install Microsoft 365 For Home?
Follow these steps to install Office on your PC.
- Open your system where you want to install Office.
- open the Microsoft 365 portal page and log in to your Microsoft account.
- Choose the option “Install Office.”
- On the Microsoft 365 Home web page, choose the Install Office option.
- Go to the home screen and install Microsoft 365, select Install.
- Whichever web browser you use according to that, a prompt to Run or Save the downloaded file might appear. Select Run.
7.This process makes your office things get ready and then installs the Office apps.
After completing the installation process, a prompt message flashed on the screen to enter an email or phone number to receive a download link for the Office mobile apps.
How Do I Activate My Microsoft 365 For Home?
After Office installs, the process of activation of your subscription starts.
To Activate Office:
Open one of the Office apps, such as Word.
Fill in the required details like your Microsoft email id and password.
On the Accept the license agreement screen, select Accept.
- The Office app opens, and now you can create Office documents and spreadsheets.
Ways To Install Microsoft 365 On Another Device?
You can install your Office subscription on more than one device if you want.
At a time, you can sign in to Office on five devices.
To install Office on another PC, use another computer where you want to install Office and sign in to your Microsoft account. Then, on the Office portal page, choose Install Office.
To install Office on a mobile device, use the smartphone or tablet to install Office. Then, go to either Google Play, the Apple Store, or Windows Store and download the apps.
How Can You Share Your Microsoft 365 Home Subscription With Others?
You can share a 365 Microsoft office Family subscription with five other people.
When you share a Microsoft 365 subscription, each person has access to:
Apps: The latest version of the Office apps for Mac, PC, tablets, and smartphones.
Cloud storage: 1 TB of storage on OneDrive.
Skype calls: Call mobile phones and landlines, limited to 60 minutes per month.
Outlook email: 50 GB of email storage.
Process To Share A Microsoft 365 Home Subscription:
- Login in with the Microsoft account that you used to set up Microsoft 365.
- On the Office portal page, select Install Office.
- Choose the tab Sharing.
- Select the tab Start sharing.
- On the Share Office window, choose to either:
Invite via email: You can send the link through an email message.
Invite via link: Creates a link that you can copy and give to the person in a text message, an email, or another way of sharing a message.
- When the other user receives the link, they use the link to install Office on their PC.
Explore The Different Microsoft 365 Subscriptions
Three levels are aimed at home users:
Microsoft 365 Family: In a single subscription, up to six users can share this subscription. Each user can install the Office apps on all their devices access 1 TB of OneDrive cloud storage.
Microsoft 365 Personal: This subscription is for one user, although you can install the Office apps on all your devices. You also gain access to 1 TB of OneDrive cloud storage.
Office Home & Student 2019: This is a one-time purchase of Office and includes Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. You can only install the Office apps on one PC or Mac, and the version does not come with any One Drive cloud storage space.
We have explained the step-by-step procedure from purchasing to installation and activation that makes you clear to understand how to use and with the benefits of using it.